Indicative North of Horsham masterplan
What North of Horsham will deliver
- Up to 2,750 new homes with a broad mix of housing types, sizes and tenures to meet local needs, providing affordable options for local people looking to rent or buy.
- 500,000 sq ft of high-quality office space for local business and to attract major occupiers to the town, helping Horsham become a key driver of economic growth for the region.
- Up to 4,000 local job opportunities in a range of roles, with indirect jobs created in existing and new local businesses, benefitting from the additional economic activity.
- Increased footfall for local shops and a wider customer base for other local businesses, helping to enhance the vitality of the town centre and wider area.
- Around £50 million of funding for essential services, community facilities and improvements to local infrastructure, including a doctors’ surgery, public transport and roads.
- A new education campus at the heart of the new community, including a secondary school and one primary school, as well as catering for ‘early years’ and pupils with special education needs.
- A second primary school in the western part of the new community.
- A transformation in pedestrian and cycle access between the existing town and surrounding countryside, with new footpaths and cycleways providing safe routes across the A264.
- Important connections to help complete the Horsham-Crawley cycle link and enhance the Riverside Walk.
- Public access for the whole town to large areas of open space, sports pitches and a nature park featuring local woods and water meadows, all linked by a network of footpaths, cycleways and trails
- A heritage trail opening up access to local features of interest, including Moated House Farm and the Castle, and providing a link to the Motte & Bailey south of the A264.
- Better access to sports and recreation facilities for existing users and clubs, with high quality new facilities catering for a range of interests and sports.
- A potential new Parkway Station on the Horsham – Crawley – London line providing parking for 600 cars and acting as a valuable Park-and-Ride option into and out of the town.
Please visit our Information Hub for more detailed information about our outline planning application.